Sunday, December 9, 2007

Oh Dahling, What Wonderful Hair You Have!

It is said that the loudest noise to the human ear is the sound of complete silence.
The sound of blood as it pumps past your ear drum is the loudest when no background noise is produced.
That is what I woke up to this morning, as the lack of electricity was absent in the walls.

It was loud; I went to church. The usual congregation filled up the seats, minus a few commuters.
After a wonderfully delicious and warm mint mocha I was pumped and ready to rock.

Christmas shoppers poured into the mall today; I was one of them. As I perused the complex of consumerism I was stopped by a foreign woman with a kiosk full of hair straighteners. She exclaimed "Oh dahling, what wonderful hair you have!" I thanked her with a smile and a bit of my Irish charm. Soon after I found myself sitting down getting my hair straightened, and listening to the offer that we both knew I would refuse, for I was not in need of a straightener, but simply enjoy the feel of someone touching my hair.



Wal*Mart is closed today. I found that out while pulling up to the parking lot in need of batteries. It's a shame, for I now sit in starbucks for the use of their a/c outlet and wifi. I do suppose however that this is the way God intended us to live, and we just need a sacrifice of tree limbs and electricity to notice it. As far as the power issue goes, I'm not too worried, for maybe I can study for finals now. Or maybe I'll enjoy a good Sudoku.

Stay warm, and remember-if the powers out, call Andy Haut.

Peace

No comments: