Monday, December 10, 2007

Ice Ice Baby

Dear Ms. Windy Tuesday,

The weather here is nice, with a capital ICE. We slept on the floor in front of the warmth of the fire last night, until of course it went out. We woke up freezing with-produced by our body- the only heat rising. After scouring the house for blankets we found enough to make comfort in the frigid of my own home. The power blessed us with its presence around 10 am this morning; as for the rest of the town, not so much.

We spent the evening last night looking at the damaged remnants from fallen trees and power lines. It reminded me of a scene out of a zombie movie, only it was too cold for them to attack.

It's times like this that global warming doesn't worry me.

As I sit in the McDonald's parking lot I just watched a stop light go out and my windshield freeze over. The roads are less than iced but more on the slick side, its best you drive safely tonight. I waited for you at starbucks tonight, but you never showed. I bought you your favorite drink, I hope the thought was enough to count.


I'm a pioneer now. I started a fire with steel wool and a 9v battery. It's but a small toll to pay to keep oneself warm. Unless you have a dog/cat.

Tonight as I walk from the car to my house the atmosphere will grant me with its love: the wind will lightly kiss my cheek, the air and mist will bring out the roses in my face, and all will be to stay warm.

Love, A.

1 comment:

EliYokley said...

Ha I really hope you don't mean burn the dog or cat.