Monday, February 8, 2010

Leap.

There's something mysterious about the month of February.
It sort of sets up the following months for summer-in Missouri at least. It brings those last few weeks of snow and ice to an end and brings about tree buds, the small peach fuzz of grass, and the sweet aroma of warmth as the midwest takes off its winter coat.
At a time like this you can't help but to strive for new growth and wisdom.
A fresh start.

In the past few months I've taken up street performing.
Every Friday and Saturday night I lug my guitar downtown to the town square of Springfield and find a nice solid and busy place to plop down and sing.
I see demographics ranging from the homeless to the drunks, from pub-crawling college kids to street evangelists.
It's a wide plethora of beautiful people, all to share my creativity with.
Some nights I'm tipped well, others not so much. But regardless, I bring home a warm heart because I'm finally living and loving what I do.
I'm not sure what this will bring me, but the experiences I have out there last me a lifetime.

I've been inspired to leap, and surely the net WILL appear.
Take risks.
Adventure out of your comfort zone.
If you seek something strongly you'll find it.



What do you want?
Reach and grab it.

-andy

No comments: