Monday, July 13, 2009

This is what I look like today, and I'm trying not to pull out my hair

My body deceives me on a daily basis.
I'll most likely go blind by the age of 25, due to the morning routine of rubbing my eyes.
Allergies.
Turns out I'm allergic to procrastination.
And I think its the best thing thats ever happened to me.
I know just when to make a change.

The most recent act of spontaneity was the decision to take the drive to KC and see the ever so talented Conor Oberst & his Mystic Valley Band. I took the drive shirtless; I thought I'd work on my driver's tan. The woman taking the $5 for parking agreed, it was coming along quiiiiiite well.

I talked to Michael Runion last night (the opening act for Conor Oberst) and was glad to hear his advice about what needs to be done on my part in order to pursuit a career in music. His advice put me one step closer to "getting out and doing it." His words were "Man when I started I was living in a little town in northeastern California, and I just had to move to LA where the venues were. I met the guys from the Mystic Valley Band and jumped on the tour. For sure, Andy, go out there and get shit done."

That was the first day of my life.
Too bad the new one comes with the same allergies.

The drive home from KC this morning was a sweaty one.
Another drivers tan.
Cold War Kids keeping the rhythm of the road.
Another bottle full of hot water in the passenger seat.
Another stuffy nose conquered by the 2001 Taurus sweatbox.



There's nothing that the road cannot heal.

As I told twitter on my way north
"Windows down, driving 85 listening to white stripe's Icky Thump, wearing no shirt. Sometimes it feels damn good being trashy."

I am from space.
-AndyHaut

No comments: