Sunday, March 14, 2010

Track 4: Words

Words, oh words,
Please pull me under,
and fill my lungs with all your wonder.
Raise my voice,
to sing it louder,
that we be not alone, but everlasting.
-andyhaut


I left Joplin in August in search for myself, and I've seemed to have found too much of just that.

Me.

All I've been is me. I get too caught up in what I ought to be, or what I think others want of me; I beat myself up about it.
Feelings rushed my heart the first month I lived here in Springfield. Feelings of anxiety and stress, but at the same time wonder and excitement.
...my thoughts were quite tragic sometimes though.
My heart misguided by earthly desire, and envy of the successful.

I couldn't see God, because I've been in the way.

As for love:
And how do I seek a girl?
I know not how to walk by faith, or by sight,
For that alone is up to faith.
Timing is the distraction.
Oh love, you pull at my heart.
Do you guide me to what is right?
Who's to be the judge?
Are words enough to guide me?
If such is true, let me not fall short of their meaning.
May they submerge me and fill my lungs with their light.
May such a God-given gift overflow within my heart,
and let me then pursue such love, but only then.
-andyhaut


Timing is everything, but means nothing.
It holds urgency, but not destruction.

When love beckons, what are we to do?
Rush in blindly, or be guided by patience?

Oh, love, you light up the night, just like the moon.
and though sometimes I only get a sliver of you,
I'm hoping for a full moon soon.

Be true, be you, do what you do,
I have to poo.
-andy

No comments: